Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Celebration of life

A new journey for our Kibs begins....my brother has left this world and died peacefully this morning, May 21st at around 8am (Phil time) and around 5pm on May 20 Sunday (US time). His journey in this world has now ended and he is on to another brilliant and heavenly journey up there.....


Our hearts are broken to pieces that Kibs has now ventured on out of this mortal life. But he is now in a better place of light, pure love, unending peace and a place where pain and suffering will not touch my brother again. I can just picture his signature excited smile when he sees the welcoming faces of Nanay, Lolo Jose, Tito Boy Muana, Tita Lalen and Tito Romy Murillo, Lolo Santos and Lola Susan Murillo. He was the "wonder boy" apo when we were kids so I am sure they will all be happy to see him walking with the spring in his step into the pearly gates of heaven. With that happy reunion scenario in my mind, I am blanketed with a wave of comfort and joy amidst the stabbing pain of grief and loss.  


I was able to say my last goodbyes to him when I asked Marjorie (his care giver) to put the phone in his ear. I had to be strong and let him go just as he had to stop fighting and just rest his tired body. I just realized that I have been a pest to my sisters in Cebu.... as I have been calling them nonstop at home and in the hospital everyday and also skyping with them asking for the minute details about how our brother is doing...did he wake up/is he in pain/what are the doctor's saying/how is Dad doing, etc, etc? I also call up Kibs hospital room daily and talk to his care giver and also talk to Kibs though he could not answer back  anymore but  I know he heard me.  Kibs has not woken up for 2 days and his organs were failing. It was only a matter of time and Jojing and Dad agreed on a DNR yesterday.


I celebrate my brother's life that was full of a positive spirit and  a kind heart  and I celebrate him for the person that he was ...always a picture of a beaming, jolly and upbeat  and smiling person.


May he rest in peace and enjoy eternal bliss in God's kingdom. My family now has our own special Murillo angel up there............


Preliminary Info:
Wake is at St. Peter's Memorial Chapel in Imus till Friday. 
Funeral is scheduled on Friday at CemPark Banilad.

4 comments:

  1. Ekieboy, may you rest in peace. Today, we celebrate your journey home to our Maker. There is no cancer there, no pain, no worries. There is only love and peace.
    Eternal rest grant unto Ekieboy O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
    To your family, my deepest sympathy and prayer for strength and comfort at this time.
    "The Lord is my strength and my shield in whom my heart trusted and found help." Psalm 28.7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our deepest sympathy ! Kiboy was like a brother we adopted. He was always in our house in Lahug. Hereon, whenever we are in Cebu, Kiboy will no longer be there to visit us. We will miss you brother.
    You are no longer suffering, you have attained peace,and you are with the Lord, and your loved ones who have passed before you.

    Go to the light brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maricel Borromeo-AmoresMay 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM

    My dearest Tito Franklin, Tita Ciony, Pinky, Lalay and Jojing,
    My family and I share in your grief at Marlon’s passing. We seem to have tons of questions unanswered but God’s infinite mercy will help all of us make it through this difficult time. We all can relate to that as we lost a brother too at a very young age but we take comfort at the thought that he is now in peace and happy in heaven like Marlon.
    Let your faith give you the courage and strength and Marlon’s loving memories heal your heart. Take comfort in His words …..
    Romans 14:8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.
    Love and prayers,
    Maricel, Marissa and Britta

    A Letter From Heaven
    Author Unknown

    "To my dearest family and friends, some things I'd like to say. But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay. I'm writing this to you from heaven. Here I dwell with God above. Here, there's no more tears of sadness; here is just eternal love. Please do not be unhappy because I'm out of sight. Remember that I'm with you every morning, noon and night. That day that I had to leave you when my life on Earth was through, God picked me up and hugged me and said, "I welcome you. Its good to have you back again, you were missed while you where gone. As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on. I need you here badly, you're part of my plan. There's so much we need to do to help our mortal man." God gave me a list of things that he wished for me to do. And foremost on the list was to watch and care for you. And when you lie in bed at night, the days chores out of sight, God and I are closest to you, in the middle of the night. When you think of my life on Earth, and all those loving years, because you are only human, they're bound to bring you tears. But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain. Remember, there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain. I wish that I could tell you all what God has planned. If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand. But one thing's for certain, though my life on Earth is over, I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before. There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb; but together we can do it by taking one day at a time. It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too, that as you give unto the work, the world will give to you. If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain; then you can say to God at night..."My day was not in vain." And now I am contented...that my life was worthwhile, knowing as I passed along the way I made somebody smile. So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low; just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go. When you're walking down the street and you've got me on your mind; I'm walking in your footsteps only a half a step behind. And when it's time for you to go...from that body to be free...remember you're not going...you're coming here to me."
    __________________

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you Kibs. Many years have passed but a smart young boy's face like yours is still vivid in my memory.
    I contemplate on Psalm 23, and ask God to Shepperd you. Kibs rest in God's peace.

    ReplyDelete