Total Pageviews

Friday, May 25, 2012

Goodbye dearest brother.....till we meet again........

Kibs was finally laid to rest on Friday past 3pm beside Tito Romy. Grief has a way of paralyzing and suffocating you and at the same time, breaking your heart to a hundred little pieces that you just want to be swallowed by the earth. Seeing Kibs white coffin being lowered and entombed from sight...and seeing Daddy,quietly crying but definitely all broken up inside was one of the hardest sight to see. My sisters and I have lost a brother and my Dad and Mom are parents who have lost their only son. My Dad, most especially has lost his buddy-buddy and lunch time partner. I still cannot breathe when I will myself to face the reality that I will never see my brother again....and we all have to go on from this. Goodbye Kibs, you will be so greatly missed! I will miss most the spring in your step and your signature smile....  

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free,
I'm following paths God made for me
I took his hand I heard him call
Then turned, and bid farewell to all.
I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to sing, to play
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found my peace... at close of play
And if my parting left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Ah yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened deep with sorrow
I wish you sunshine of tomorrow
My life's been full I've savoured much
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don't lengthen it now with grief
Lift up your hearts and share with me,
God wants me now. He set me free.
poem Author: Unknown
---------------------------------------


Eulogy for Kibs


Today we celebrate the life of my brother, Marlon Raymond Muana Murillo, or Kibs to the family. Everyone is gathered here today in memory of Kibs so that we may celebrate together the joy of his life and share the pain of his untimely passing. Though he is gone, he will forever be in our hearts.

My brother Kibs was just 55 years old when he passed away last Monday at Perpetual Succour Hospital. He was born on October 27, 1956 to Frank and Ciony and was the oldest and only son in a family consisting of 3 other sisters, myself, Lalay & Jojing. Kibs was born into this world like a beam of sunshine to my parents and grandparents as he was the first apo of the Murillo clan. Like all first borns, he became the “shining star” of the family. And he lived up to that image all through our childhood. Growing up from babyhood, Kibs was a precocious little boy and delighted everyone with his outgoing and charming personality. At a very young age he was already exceptionally smart and brainy and already was a talker, non-stop sometimes that it was irritating to both kids and adults alike. :)

Kibs, my sisters and I all had a wonderful and extraordinarily memorable childhood growing up in Sanson Subdivision with all the Muana and Suson cousins. Summer vacation was the best times around the Sanson subdivision with all the kids out and about playing non-stop the whole day. I distinctly remember how enterprising Kibs was then when he charged our cousins a fee to play with his toys. He had the best toys in the neighborhood so all the boy cousins would come to his room to play…hence the play fee. J Those childhood times with my brother and all the cousins will always be memorable times to cherish.

My brother Kibs always had an unending thirst and quest for knowledge. He was the type that would always try to learn something about everything and everything about something. That was why anyone who knows him would agree that Kibs possessed a brilliant mind. He was also a very sociable person who loved being with people and came alive in the company of his cousins and long time friends and even total strangers…mostly with a bottle of beer on hand. What amazed me about my brother’s personality was how he always had an upbeat, friendly, positive and sunny attitude. And of course you would always see that light hearted signature sunny smile plastered on his face. For sure, Kibs has had his own life’s ups and downs just like the rest of us, but he never was one to sulk and let the troubles of life get him down for long. He was always up and about and you could always bet on him walking the streets to go to a friend or cousins house to hang out. You could say, Kibs was a “strike anywhere” kind of person. Now he will be jauntily walking up there in heaven finding someplace to hang out in.

But most important of all, my brother was a gentle and kind hearted soul. He was a calm person and always saw the good in other people, was patient and never judgmental and never was quick to criticize or complain. With that signature smile on his face, he would just turn the other cheek to bad situations and shrug his shoulders and move on. He was a very loving father, a devoted son, a caring brother, uncle, cousin, friend and always was more concerned about other people than himself.

He fought the good fight with his cancer till the end. Kibs could be real stubborn and he showed it with his fighting spirit. The family had to appeal many times to him to let go and to rest and stop his suffering. My brother fought a brave battle for the whole month he was sick…it was so heartbreaking to see how unbelievably fast his health was fading and how he was suffering in pain. At 7:45am on May 21st, Marlon Raymond Muana Murillo, Ekieboy, Kiboy, Kibs, Marloni was no more. 



Kibs leaves us all with broken hearts, flowing tears and profound sadness. We will all miss him dearly and remember painfully all the memories of our times with him. But he would not want us to be grieving for him and instead would want us to celebrate his life with ardent joy and heartfelt and loving remembrance of memories past. Kibs lived a full life.

Goodbye dear brother, we bid you adieu. We will miss you so much….We love you and thank God for the gift that is you. 
Rest in peace….till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment